This application solicits proposals to continue the development of space transportation infrastructure that supports Space Florida’s legislative intent and Florida spaceport territory master plans. Space Florida is designated in section 331.3011(3), Florida Statutes, to be the “single point of contact for state aerospace-related activities with federal agencies, the military, state agencies, businesses, and the private sector.”
Space Florida will use the qualifying applications to develop a proposed list of spaceport discretionary capacity improvement projects for submission to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). Prioritized spaceport projects may be included in the FDOT five-year work program of transportation improvement projects. This application is mandatory before Space Florida can prioritize candidate projects for available State and/or Federal funding. Matching funds may be used for construction of spaceport facilities infrastructure recommended by master plans in Florida spaceport territories.
Applications are accepted year round. The FY2023 application cycle is open January 5, 2023 to March 15, 2023.
Application & Program Guidance:
Program Links & Resources:
- Call For Projects Process Infographic
- Florida Spaceport System Plan 2018
- Cape Canaveral Spaceport Complex Master Plan 2017
- Cecil Spaceport Master Plan 2012
- Cecil Spaceport Area Development Plan
- Florida Spaceport Improvement Program 2021 Project Handbook
- FDOT Financial Provisions For All Department funded Projects (Topic No. 350-020-301-j)
- FDOT Spaceports Office
*To learn more about the program, email Lauren Farrell, Director, Spaceport Improvement Program at firstname.lastname@example.org