This application solicits proposals to continue the development of space transportation infrastructure that supports Space Florida’s legislative intent and Florida spaceport territory master plans. Space Florida is designated in section 331.3011(3), Florida Statutes, to be the “single point of contact for state aerospace-related activities with federal agencies, the military, state agencies, businesses, and the private sector.”
Spaceport planning projects identify aerospace needs and lay the groundwork for the development of future spaceport growth. Examples of eligible projects include spaceport master plans, environmental studies, surveys, launch site licensing, spaceport facility & feasibility assessments and siting studies.
Applications are accepted for the current fiscal year.
Application & Program Guidance:
Program Links & Resources:
- Florida Spaceport Improvement Program 2021 Project Handbook
- Cape Canaveral Spaceport Development Manual
- Florida Spaceport System Plan 2018
- Cape Canaveral Spaceport Complex Master Plan 2017
- Cecil Spaceport Master Plan 2012
- FDOT Financial Provisions For All Department funded Projects (Topic No. 350-020-301-j)
- Aviation and Spaceports Office
*To learn more about the program, email Lauren Farrell, Planning & Development Project Manager at email@example.com