Accountant – Accounts Receivable
This position is responsible to ensure the accuracy of financial records and related reports by performing analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and monitoring work for financial contract compliance, working within the limits of organization policy and contract requirements.
- Create monthly invoices to bill customers. Read and understand sublease contracts, gather utilization information, and set up invoices to reflect prorations for partial months, charges for shared tenant expenses, use of conference rooms and IT facilities, and other billable resources.
- Review projects for new charges, reconcile project activity, and invoice customers based on contract requirements and activity charged to related projects.
- Follow up with customers to collect past due accounts and escalate to management when action under collection policy has been exhausted.
- Prepare journal entries, schedules, and reconciliations in support of annual financial audit, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports, based on information provided.
- Collaborate in the development of documentation of business processes and accounting policies and implement resulting process improvements.
- Conduct assignments in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Federal Accounting Standards Board rules, and Governmental Accounting Standards Board rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Knowledge of balance sheet accounting, including accounts receivable.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
- 2-4 years accounting experience