Job Title: Accountant III
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible to ensure the accuracy of financial records and related reports by performing analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, and monitoring work for financial contract compliance.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES or TASKS:
- Responsible for reconciling balance sheet accounts, and maintaining appropriate balances for loans, leases, prepaid accounts, and fixed assets.
- Review loan contracts to set up loan amortization schedules and communicate billings to the AP processor and monitor activity.
- Manage prepaid accounts and associated costs. Ensure proper balances are in the specified accounts and record costs as they are expended.
- Manage insurance accounts, booking entries, and distributing the quarterly billing statements.
- Prepare journal entries, schedules, and reconciliations in support of annual financial audits, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports.
- Prepare reports to government units for year-end reporting.
- Assist with the preparation of the budget and financial statement reports to include a project by funding year, facility, and events and distribute them to program managers.
- Collaborate with representatives from NASA and USAF to ensure accurate recording of costs to debit funds from prepaid accounts.
- Assist external audit efforts by providing required documentation and information.
- Assist in performing financial analysis on Israel project evaluations and Conduit Debt programs.
- Special projects as needed to include payment solutions, data archiving, investment reviews, review PO reports for closure and budget activities.
- Assignments are completed in compliance with all Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Federal Accounting Standards Board rules, and Governmental Accounting Standards Board rules.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant, preferred.
- Knowledge of balance sheet accounting.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- 6-8 years accounting experience.
If you have issues with our application form, please email your resume and cover letter to René Waterman at firstname.lastname@example.org.