This position is responsible to provide a variety of administrative and clerical to ensure efficient operation of the department in support of Space Florida’s vision, mission, and objectives.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES or TASKS
- Responsible to provide general administrative support to the Executives in a service-oriented manner, including scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, managing incoming and outgoing phone calls, drafting correspondence, creating spreadsheets and presentations, preparation of expense reports, mailing or overnighting letters/packages, establishing and maintaining electronic and paper files, copying, and faxing.
- Responsible to provide full logistical support to organization for meetings including establishing and managing meeting schedules, preparing and distributing agendas, meeting materials, and presentations, and recording and distributing meeting minutes as required.
- Assist in updating Board of Directors Action Items Database.
- Responsible to arrange food and beverage support for meetings and events as necessary, including managing budgets, approvals, and related filings for expense reporting and reimbursement.
- Responsible to coordinate with Information Technology management leaders to ensure conference room technology systems are fully functional for support of meetings and events that are on site and off site.
- Assist in monitoring and tracking progress on public records requests, vet the request for compliance with requirements and internal policy and track responses.
- Provides scheduling and calendar management support to the Executive using discretion in identifying critical items, setting up meetings and making scheduling changes with minimal burden to Executives.
- Support Space Florida Board of Directors meetings with information technology and telephones and other assistance as needed.
- Drafts and distributes correspondence and memorandum as assigned.
- Tracks and manages vendor and consultant invoices and deliverables as assigned, ensuring timely approval of invoices and deliverables by project leaders, and timely adherence to related Space Florida policies and procedures.
- Handles information of a highly confidential and critical nature on a regular basis, ensuring protection of confidential Space Florida and client information in accordance with Florida statute.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments for the Executives, including preparing and filing travel requests, expense reimbursements, and related documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Arranges travel, hotel accommodations, and meeting planning as necessary for the Executives ensuring adherence to relevant Florida statute and Space Florida’s travel and expense reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Conduct research as assigned to assist with projects or inquiries.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Associates degree in relevant field.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in corporate administrative role with demonstrated success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and confidentiality in a variety of situations.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills, including ability to independently prioritize competing demands and assignments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and operate with poise and professionalism in a complex, high-profile, and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft product suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and related tools.