Business Development Associate, Commercial Space
Senior Vice President Spaceports Business Unit
This position is responsible to support certain Space Florida business development activities and investments requiring knowledge of business and financial principles to assist in structuring and executing complex financial transactions. This position requires the ability to understand and communicate business and financial concepts to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to drive project execution.
The Business Development Associate will be part of a small dynamic team based in Exploration Park, Florida just outside the Kennedy Space Center. You will work with leading next generation commercial space companies of all sizes to promote the growth of Florida’s space industry and enable the future of commercial space development and exploration.
- Participate in structuring of complex financial and leasing transactions by applying commercial business and financial approaches and methods and Space Florida’s statutory powers to form tailored transactional solutions between Space Florida and key clients in the commercial space industry.
- Apply knowledge of commercial business and financial principles and best practices to assist in negotiating contracts, amend existing agreements, and prepare customer proposals and value propositions.
- Apply knowledge of business and financial concepts and principles to make qualification and due diligence recommendations concerning potential Space Florida investments.
- Interface with client representatives, external funding sources, and government and commercial entities to drive project execution.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive understanding of Space Florida’s financial tools and act as primary client interface for business and transactional matters for assigned projects.
- Utilize knowledge of commercial best practices to inform Space Florida’s planning and strategy for spaceport assets and services.
- Perform detailed diligence, analysis, and research activities as assigned to support Space Florida investment analysis and strategic planning.
- Assess, research, and respond to client inquiries regarding transaction structures and other business points.
- Remain current on business trends, M&A activities, major contracts, and fundraising in the commercial space industry including the satellite, launch vehicle, in-space manufacturing, space services, and human spaceflight
- Manage all aspects of the progress and completion of assigned projects and activities.
- Develop schedules, sets deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize all projects status.
- Perform business development and technical fulfillment responsibilities assigned by project.
- Participate in significant industry events as required.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in either business, engineering, law, finance, operations, or related applicable field.
- MBA or advanced degree in either finance, law, or related applicable field.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in banking, consulting, accounting, M&A, investment, legal, or related applicable field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Background knowledge of the commercial space industry.
- Basic understanding of aerospace engineering and technical principles.
- Basic understanding of project management principles.