Project Manager, Spaceport Operations
Director, Planning and Development
This job is responsible to plan construction projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. Responsibilities include budgeting, organization, implementation and scheduling of the projects.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Coordinate with construction management and design engineering team to develop statements of work
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Direct construction workers and subcontractors.
- Meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Review the work progress on daily basis.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Analyze and assure compliance of contract financial obligations.
- At a minimum, prepares monthly status reports of all current projects including project contract amounts, final projected costs, accurate of committed cost, payment status of past billings, project issues, and the financial impact of projects.
- Participates in month-end meetings to discuss with management in detail the status of all open jobs. Be prepared to discuss any issues and have potential solutions prepared.
- Review facility maintenance plan and ensure the plans incorporation facility maintenance management system.
- Ensure Cape Canaveral Spaceport Development Standards are incorporated into the planning, design and construction plan as appropriate.
- Ensure deliverables required by foundational agreements (NASA- KSC, 45th SW, FDOT) are provided to responsible organizations and archived.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years direct construction project management experience
- Proven work experience in construction management.
- CAPM or PMP Certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, MS Projects, Visio, or similar software.