Director of Facilities
Senior Vice President, Spaceports Business Unit
Responsible to direct the management and operation of Space Florida facilities and infrastructure including maintenance, capital improvements, and related contract services. The objective of the position is to operate, maintain and enhance the value of facilities and infrastructure owned, leased, or managed by Space Florida to ensure provision of necessary physical infrastructure to support Space Florida’s strategy and business objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation of facility policies, procedures and projects to provide lead to well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities in support of Space Florida’s strategy and business objectives.
- Implement, monitor, and manage operations, planning, maintenance and capital repairs for all buildings, grounds, structures, and infrastructure owned, leased, or managed by Space Florida, including roadwork, public works, waste disposal, and security operations.
- Direct the development of the statements of work for facility related services contracts and provide input into the procurement and selection process for all facility related contracts.
- Prepare specifications for capital improvement projects; estimate costs of equipment, materials, labor, and supplies; prepare bid specifications for projects, equipment, and contracted services; oversee site and building projects performed by outside contractors.
- Direct and manage the oversight of facility contract services related to maintenance, improvements, enhancements, and renovations including contracts for Operations and Maintenance (O&M), capital repair, security, and other contracts associated with Space Florida’s facilities and infrastructure (including mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, plumbing, landscaping, roofing, painting, road work, and other improvement services).
- Ensure facility related contract services are performed in accordance with statements of work, contract requirements, and all applicable federal, state, and local codes, laws and regulations. Take action to report on and resolve non-compliant contract service issues in keeping with Space Florida contract management policies and practices.
- Direct the development and submission of facilities budget for input into the Spaceports Business Unit budget, and work with Finance to define modifications to submission as required. Forecast expenditures and identify, mitigate, and report on cause of variances to the established budget, and ensure all facilities activities operate within budgeted resources.
- Develop and coordinate long term facility capital repair and refurbishment programs, and routine, non-routine, and mandatory maintenance programs for both preventative and corrective maintenance work and ensure contracts are completed within available budget.
- Oversee tenant relations, property management, and establishment of non-financing leases of Space Florida properties. Oversee the management of tenant leases and ensure tenant compliance with lease terms.
- Develop forecasted plan for Space Florida’s facility needs, and ensure facilities are available to support Space Florida operations. Oversee selection of space to be leased by Space Florida for Space Florida’s use and direct the development and execution of related lease agreements.
- Ensure Space Florida’s compliance with the terms of lease agreements for space or facilities leased by Space Florida, including maintenance obligations, tenant improvements, or other facilities related requirements.
- Direct and manage implementation of Space Florida’s responsibilities for any tenant required improvements to Space Florida facilities in accordance with tenant lease agreements.
- Direct and manage the development of procedures and policies to ensure effective and reliable implementation and operation of Space Florida’s security plan. Maintain vigilant monitoring and enforcement of compliance with the security plan to meet the business objectives of ensuring the provision of physical and information security to all Space Florida assets.
- Direct, supervise, and evaluate department staff and ensure staff receives training related to specific job tasks and responsibilities.
- Establish Facilities Team organizational structure, procedures, policies, and communications to provide 24/7 response to facility issues involving power outage, security, equipment failure, weather damage, event planning, and other matters impacting the safe, secure, and continuous operation of Space Florida’s owned, leased, and managed assets.
- Develop specifications for cost-effective energy management systems and supervise the operations, maintenance, and repair of such systems.
- Contribute to strategic planning through the evaluation of existing facilities requirements, projection of future needs, and the development of proposals for options to achieve facilities requirements.
- Manage Space Florida’s vehicle fleet maintenance program.
- Facilities Manager
- Property Manager
- Manager of Facilities, Camp Blanding
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, building trades, or related field.
- Ten or more years of progressively more responsible experience in facilities maintenance, with five or more years of supervisory experience, or; combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of management.
- Experience in operational and strategic planning and budget development
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information in written and oral formats
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, MS Projects, Visio, or similar software.
- CAPM or PMP Certification