Human Resources Generalist
Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
Reports To: Senior Director Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
Perform administrative tasks and services to support the effective and efficient operations of the organization’s human resource department, working from standard and accepted practice and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES or TASKS:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation. Prepare new-employee files. File documents into appropriate employee files and in defined file location.
- Gather employee payroll data for defined period to compile and check hours including overtime and holiday pay and ensure error-free data is provided for processing. Submit data for internal review prior to submitting to processor.
- Respond to employee’s payroll related questions concerning process, timing, and policy and investigate suspected errors and related circumstances. Provide explanations when payroll is accurate and suspected error is a matter of policy and process. Work with information, documentation and processing to request error correction. Inform employee of circumstances and where required, when amended or additional checks will be processed.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include collaboration with departmental managers to understand skills, competencies, and other selection criteria required for openings. Place recruitment advertising using defined resources, screen resumes and applications and conduct screening interviews, selecting candidates that meet defined criteria, check candidates’ references and credentials to verify required experience and background for specific vacancy.
- Submit online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks and recommend vetted and qualified candidates for additional interviews and coordinate details with department manager prior to inviting candidates to continue with the hiring process.
- Create offers in keeping with information provided and standard processes, writing to selected and qualified job applicants selected by department managers.
- Maintain employment and recruitment records and ensure that candidates previously applying for roles, within defined time periods and meeting job criteria are considered for newly available positions
- Ensure that Senior Director of Human Resources is continuously updated regarding policy and procedure questions and concerns raised by employees, gather documentation, interview employees regarding the matters raised only as directed, and ensure that Senior Director is fully aware of the status of employee concerns and prepared to manage the matter with employees and managers.
- Maintain current awareness of pending legislative changes or modifications of State and Federal regulations and significant trends related to employment law and related matters impacting Space Florida’s Human Resources internal policies, processes and standards. Gather, read and provide relevant documentation for review by the Senior Director, providing interpretation or executive summary as required.
- Create and administer student internship programs and documentation and maintain relationships with local universities.
- Organize attendance at job fairs, campus events, and other networking opportunities, providing job seekers with information regarding employment at Space Florida and recommend candidacy for specific roles that are available.
- Counsel candidates on the interview and hiring processes.
- Assists with planning, communication and execution of special events including benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, and holiday parties.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation, and maintains I-9 files.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience including payroll initial processing, software and requirements is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs.