IT Systems and Support Specialist
Job Title: IT Systems and Support Specialist
Reports To: EVP, CFO & Corporate Administration Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for delivering comprehensive technical support to end-users, ensuring the consistently reliable and secure operation of computer systems, applications, and network devices, and communicating with users in terms they can understand to ensure collaborative and responsive support. This position involves troubleshooting hardware and software issues and collaborating with contracted, outside IT support team to enhance overall system performance, and to minimize business interruption due to computer systems downtime or failures. This position contributes to the reliability, efficiency, and trusted security of the organization’s IT infrastructure through proactive maintenance, installation and implementation of updated or new system hardware and software elements, and continuous improvements. This position is responsible for gaining understanding and maintenance capability of custom applications built on the Power Platform and supporting the users.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES or TASKS:
- Monitor and manage network health, security, and user behavior via Varonis software.
- Manage security permissions in SharePoint Online
- Oversee the organization's cybersecurity measures and ensure user compliance.
- Manage KnowBe4, Security, Testing, and Training Campaigns
- Stay updated on the latest cybersecurity trends and threats.
- Conduct training sessions to educate end-users on best practices, laws, and regulations concerning security and privacy.
- Support users with Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps, Power BI, and Power Automate)
- Coordinate with support contractor to develop and implement cybersecurity pursuant to NIST.
- Provide technical support to 50+ end-users, addressing hardware and software issues.
- Support end-users with desktop setups, changes, and new requirements. Collaborate with the contracted outside IT support team to ensure timely resolution of user problems.
- Develop, implement, and train users on best practices for secure file management.
- Procure and manage end-user equipment (monitors, port replicators, keyboards, etc.)
- Assist with technology equipment asset management and maintain a database.
- Provide A/V support for conference rooms and Board of Directors meetings
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or 5+ years of experience in system administration work
- Experience with cybersecurity standards and compliance frameworks, particularly with a focus on NIST standards, guidelines, and framework
- Experience with Microsoft 365 E5 Suite of applications
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory
- Working knowledge of a Cisco enterprise network environment
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to adapt to changing business needs.
- Must be able to learn new technologies to keep the organization up to date, especially Microsoft Power Platform low code solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams
- Experience in developing solutions with Microsoft Power Platform
- Experience with Keeper in an enterprise
- Working knowledge of website server management and WordPress
- Working knowledge with CISCO or other phone system management platforms
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity and Social Engineering principals
If you have issues with our application form, please email your resume and cover letter to René Waterman at firstname.lastname@example.org.