Director of Facilities Management
This position is responsible to plan and implement a property management program for the Space Florida property portfolio. The program includes the execution and management of real property leasing, building space management, and Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) asset management. Serves as the department’s primary contact between Space Florida staff and current or future tenants to understand tenant needs, match appropriate tenant needs to building capabilities, and develop tenant leasing specifications. The initial point of contact with interested potential leases, to distribute leasing information and communicate rates, space available, and other information regarding the lease of space. Provide strategic thought leadership and negotiation to deliver positive financial results and P&L impact.
- Control and execute the lease management process for new leasing opportunities, lease renewals, terminations, and renegotiations for Space Florida-owned or operated facilities.
- Develop and manage strategic plan to identify and develop relationships with third-party agencies and providers to market space portfolio through creatively placing listings on social media platforms and other selected resources for targeted advertising of available space.
- Plan and conduct tours of the building portfolio with prospective and active tenants to secure prospective or vacant space opportunities.
- Negotiate lease structure and terms with prospective tenants and renegotiate with active tenants. Coordinate the development of leases with the Space Florida Contracts department to ensure compliance with internal contract requirements.
- Oversee and coordinate all tenant move-ins and move-outs ensuring that spaces are returned or modified as required per the leases.
- Regularly perform site visits and property inspections to ensure properties are clean and well-maintained, communicating all repair issues to the Senior Facilities Manager and working with teams to resolve repairs while keeping tenants abreast and updated.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to process standards for the rental and scheduling of conference rooms and other common areas.
- Engage with tenants on all aspects of tenant requests for space alterations and improvements. Manage approval process and monitor building alterations and capital improvement projects related to tenant-requested space alterations to ensure compliance with Space Florida standards, rules, and protocols.
- Recommend and implement authorized modifications to sublease rates schedule as part of the property leasing strategies and business plans for each property working in collaboration with consultants and internal staff to understand managed property capabilities, competitive edge, market conditions, overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and margin goals.
- Maintain records and prepare any range of periodic and ad hoc reports requiring the collection, analysis, and development of commentary to explain property management, related activity, and trends. Prepare reports related to property rental revenue including budgeted to actual rental receipts variance, rent collections detail, unit vacancies, and rental roll updates.
- Create and maintain the Space Florida property portfolio through the Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) as the database and repository for information pertaining to property information including vacant space, property license restrictions and responsibilities, site capabilities, utilization, and types.
- Maintain and update building layout drawings of special floorplans, furniture, electrical, data, paint, carpet, and other data related to portfolio by building or unit, using AutoCAD and IWMS.
- Develop leasing, space, and asset management policies and procedures, working with other functional areas as required, including Finance and Contract Management, as required, and identify industry best standards through internal collaboration and external focus organizations (BOMA, IFMA, etc.).
- Conduct regular building audits for accuracy of furniture and people locations.
- Coordinate stacking plans and moves as related to tenant and internal staff requests.
- Provide information and documentation in support of architects and contractors and collaborate with tenants or internal staff to schedule and arrange for events or improvement activities.
- Assist in conducting and documenting data related to Inventory Management of Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) for the Space Florida property portfolio.
- Maintain asset and property accountability records through the IWMS.
- Arrange disposal of surplus or obsolete material or equipment in accordance with policies and procedures and with Space Florida Finance and Facilities.
- Ensure the validation of lists of equipment assigned for disposal, prior to disbursal. Reconcile disposal lists and any related receipts from disbursement with invoices to balance and close transactions.
- Control the asset management process throughout asset life cycle, including balanced and validated audit reports, disposal records, and creation of new asset records, to ensure compliance with organizational asset management policies.
- Maintain key point of contact relationships with assigned accounts. Receive, review, schedule, respond to, and take required action to ensure customer inquiries are managed to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Maintain current awareness of property management trends and expectations and make recommendations to ensure the organization meets its goals and provides for mutual benefit with its customers. Promote understanding of the Property Management role across the organization, to provide clarity, engagement and interaction with other functional areas as required to effectively contribute to the achievement of overall business plan and goals.
- Ensure effective and ongoing communications with all tenants and stakeholders, including proactive communication with Space Florida’s internal departments concerning the status of ongoing projects.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all tenants, ensuring that tenant issues or concerns are addressed to promote customer satisfaction and in compliance with lease terms. Provide monthly tenant meetings. Conduct new tenant orientations and create and distribute welcome packages and possession letters for new tenants.
- Participate in the accomplishment of the organization’s achievement of its business plan and goals by accepting responsibility for new and different assignments and exploring opportunities to add value to the Property Management role.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- 2-year college degree.
- Real estate License or ability to acquire within 1 year of employment.
- 5-6 years’ experience of property or asset management