Manager Business Development - EDC
SVP Corporate Development & Capital Programs
Responsible for performing assigned areas within deal capture/sales and project management functions. Manages relationships with regional and county-level economic development corporations (EDCs) in assigned territories throughout the State of Florida. Building upon these relationships, the position compiles, maintains, and manages investment opportunities identified within these assigned territories from lead generation and qualification, and assists in offer development through deal closing and execution.
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with regional and county-level economic development corporations (EDCs) in assigned territories throughout the State of Florida, train EDC staff on Space Florida’s statutory powers, financing toolkit, and the benefits we can bring to expanding and relocating aerospace/aviation companies.
- Responsible for motivating Enterprise Florida, airport, and utility economic development staff in pursuing opportunities.
- Responsible for coordinating assistance and support of EDCs to develop and conduct outbound messaging to major aerospace/aviation and supply chain companies in assigned territories to train company leadership on Space Florida’s statutory powers, financing toolkit, and the benefits we can bring to their growth initiatives.
- Enter required initial lead/prospect information into Salesforce CRM
- Monitor, evaluate, and report offer and lead generation effectiveness to management.
- Manage identified company investment opportunities through the sales funnel, i.e., from lead identification and qualification (e.g., initial due diligence) and assist in development through deal closing.
- Coordinate schedules, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor, and summarize status of assigned projects.
- Perform technical fulfillment and customer service responsibilities for assigned projects. Manage the compiling of required information from prospect companies, and other entities involved in transactions (e.g., airport providing site through a ground lease) to conduct due diligence, input to deal model and agreement drafts.
- Create, provide, and maintain initial drafts of offer/deal model and respective agreements.
- Support Space Florida contracts, finance/accounting, and legal departments, with due diligence, development and negotiation of deal documents, Board of Directors approvals, and deal closing documentation.
- Remain current on the aerospace and commercial space industry including related markets, regulations, and technology.
- Represent Space Florida at economic development conferences and select aerospace/aviation tradeshows as assigned.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economic Development, Real Estate, or another related discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in a sales/marketing role, preferably in selling a complex/unique product or service with a longer sales cycle.
- Prior economic development experience, and/or aerospace/aviation industry experience, is helpful.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate level competency in Microsoft Office suite. Financial modeling and analysis skills in Excel are required.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
- Extensive overnight travel around the State of Florida is required.
- Domestic and occasional international overnight travel (e.g., Paris and Farnborough Air Shows) is required.