Manager, Business Development - EDC
Job Title: Manager, Business Development - EDC
Department: Corporate Development & Capital Programs
Reports To: VP Economic Development & Capital Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for performing assigned areas within deal capture/sales and project management functions. Manages relationships with prospect, project, and program stakeholders (i.e., regional and county-level economic development corporations (EDCs), City/County planning, zoning, and engineering departments, federal government installations and commands, and local/regional financial institutions) in assigned territories throughout the State of Florida. Building upon these relationships, the position compiles, maintains, and manages investment opportunities identified within these assigned territories from lead generation and qualification, and assists in offer development through deal closing and project management execution.
ESSENTIAL ACCOUNTABILITIES or TASKS:
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with regional and county-level prospect, project, and program stakeholders in assigned territories throughout the State of Florida, train stakeholder staff on Space Florida’s statutory powers, financing toolkit, and the benefits we can bring to expanding and relocating aerospace/aviation companies.
- Responsible for motivating Department of Commerce, EDC, economic development association, airport, and utility staff in pursuing opportunities.
- Responsible for coordinating assistance and support of EDCs to develop and conduct outbound messaging to major aerospace/aviation and supply chain companies in assigned territories to train company leadership on Space Florida’s statutory powers, financing toolkit, and the benefits we can bring to their growth initiatives.
- Enter required initial lead/prospect information into Salesforce CRM and Contract Management programs.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report offer and lead generation effectiveness to management.
- Manage identified company investment opportunities through the sales funnel, i.e., from lead identification and qualification (e.g., initial due diligence) and assist in development through deal closing.
- Coordinate schedules, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor, and summarize status of assigned projects.
- Perform technical fulfillment and customer service responsibilities for assigned projects. Manage the compiling of required information from prospect companies, and other entities involved in transactions (e.g., airport providing site through a ground lease) to conduct due diligence, input to deal model and agreement drafts.
- Create, provide, and maintain initial drafts of offer/deal model and respective agreements.
- Support Space Florida contracts, finance/accounting, and legal departments, with due diligence, development and negotiation of deal documents, Board of Directors approvals, and deal closing documentation.
- Remain current on the aerospace and commercial space industry including related markets, regulations, and technology.
- Represent Space Florida at economic development conferences and select aerospace/aviation tradeshows as assigned.
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economic Development, Real Estate, or other related discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in a sales/marketing role, preferably in selling a complex/unique product or service with a longer sales cycle.
- Prior economic development experience, and/or aerospace/aviation industry experience, is helpful.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate level competency in Microsoft Office suite. Financial modeling and analysis skills in Excel required.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
- Overnight travel around the State of Florida is required.
- Domestic and occasional international overnight travel is required.