Public Relations Manager
Vice President Government & External Relations
This position is responsible for the implementation and day-to-day operation of Space Florida’s corporate communication strategies and programs.
- Manage the public relations and communication efforts for Space Florida.
- Work with Executive Office of the Governor’s Communications and External Affairs for announcements, press releases and events.
- Research, compose and edit internal and external reports; news releases and press information; and internal and external newsletters.
- Assist with various communication and marketing activities including speech writing, presentations, and video development.
- Gatekeeper for all media inquiries.
- Responsible to maintain a press list and maintain good relationships with media.
- Research and prepare an annual report and coordinate activities for its production.
- Coordinatecustomer satisfaction survey and compile report results.
- Manage project announcements and company-wide events.
- Assist with annual Space Day management.
- Manage content on social media outlets Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Organize Space Florida/Cape Canaveral Spaceport outreach tours, working with NASA, Air Force, and partners on proper approval procedures.
- This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the communications field such as public relations, journalism, or mass communications.
- Five years’ experience in media, corporate or agency public relations.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office applications. Salesforce database, and Word Press experience a plus.
- Clear and articulate writing skills and demonstrated proficiency in journalistic, public relations, business, or corporate writing abilities.
- Experience with social media platforms.