Senior Facilities Manager
Director of Facilities
This position is responsible to participate in planning for facilities management requirements and executing the Facilities Maintenance Plan and implementing of emergent, preventive, and growth-related facilities maintenance and implementation activities for the Space Florida property portfolio. Serve as the department’s primary contact with contracted services for skilled trades and building and grounds maintenance. The Sr. Facility Manager will supervise internal staff engaged in the implementation of general, emergent, custodial, growth-related, and preventive facilities maintenance activities provided through contracted resources across multiple campuses comprising the full Space Florida property asset portfolio.
- Provide critical historical and recent data regarding the nature, extent, cost, and quality of contractor-provided facilities maintenance activities in support of the Facilities Management Planning process.
- Implement the Space Florida Facilities Maintenance Plan through the management of contracted resources providing emergent, general, preventive, and growth-related maintenance and installation services in keeping with specific requirements and to ensure the maintenance and value of Space Florida’s property asset portfolio.
- Document contractor assignments, time, costs, and quality of results in the work order system and track contractor performance.
- Evaluate the performance of contractors and work with representatives to resolve quality or cost inconsistencies or concerns to ensure contractual compliance and meet quality and efficiency KPIs. Provide budget oversight and approve invoices for contracted services.
- Ensure compliant installation, replacement, and maintenance of mechanical, HVAC, electrical, and specialty systems for commercial office, laboratory, aviation, and aerospace facilities across Space Florida’s entire property asset portfolio.
- Provide data and consultation related to anticipated staffing, life cycle cost, asset replacement, safety, reliability, maintainability, regulatory compliance, customer service and other maintenance impacting factors related to signification maintenance issues and planning considerations for existing assets and new projects.
- Review bid solicitations, specifications, addendums, and change orders for managed services and special projects.
- Provide initial statements of work for new and renewed contracts and maintenance agreements for providers including janitorial, grounds and general maintenance.
- Identify and implement best practices for the department and develop metrics to evaluate and manage performance.
- Ensure all Facilities Maintenance contractors and staff are fully aware of defined safety building maintenance and project safety practices and that work performed is fully compliant with safety standards and practices.
- Bring innovation, attention to client services, and proactively adapt to emerging trends in support of our mission.
- Facilities Management Assistant, Camp Blanding Facilities Manager, and Camp Blanding Facilities Assistant.
- Advanced Vocational Training or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Engineering, Facilities Engineering, or Electrical Engineering Technology desired.
- 5 or more years’ experience in commercial or industrial maintenance leadership responsibility where experience and educations combination provides sufficient background to meet job requirements
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office software