Past and Current Use
Launch Complex 36 (Pad A and Pad B) was home to dozens of successful Atlas-Centaur launches from the early sixties and was decommissioned in 2007. Most of the infrastructure has been demolished and removed. However, the site remains viable, strategic, and valuable for future launches not just because of its location, but because the property has an environmental categorical exclusion (catex) making it relatively easy to redevelop as a launch complex.
- 138 total acres
- 55 previously disturbed acres
- capable of supporting several launch vehicle configurations
- small and medium lift of up to 1.5 million pounds thrust to launch
- payloads into low-Earth orbit and beyond
- Administrative Building built in 20xx is an excellent condition